Coach JJ Morris here,
This morning I whipped up a BADASS smoothie to supplement my current weight loss program. While I rarely diet and restrict my calories, when i want to lean up or feel i’ve gone a little overboard, I shift my training and my nutrition from a power & strength gain focus, to one built around weight loss until I reach my ideal weight.
A big part of that is finding and creating recipes that taste as good as they look, and that really helps with cravings – for me – sweets are a vice. So I often turn to smoothies that end up making huge portions for almost no impact on my over all calorie goal for the day.
Try this one, and I know you’ll Fall in Love this halloween!
Blueberry Banna Bomb
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 Cup Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Fairlife whole Milk (may substitute 2%)
- 2 Tablespoons Pyure Organic Stevia
- 1 Table Spoon Pure Vanilla Extract (no sugar added)
- Place all ingredients in a Blender ( I prefer a ninja)
- Blend on High Vigorously until you see a smooth thick consistency Hint: the blueberry flakes should be very small and fine (add extra milk if needed)
- Enjoy Berry Bliss!
If you like this recipe please post a picture of your on our Facebook and share this post! Tell us what you think at support(@)strongeight.com or follow our cast iron kitchen!